The Big Sky Conference is seeking a part-time Office Coordinator and Accounting Assistant to assist in the daily operations of the office, located in downtown Ogden, UT. The candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills with experience in accounting. Candidates will demonstrate initiative and the ability to collaborate with fellow staff members and institutional personnel. They must be able to work independently and in a team setting to meet established goals and deadlines. The Office Coordinator will work in the office and
report to the Deputy Commissioner and Director of Accounting and be responsible for the following:
• Manage office operations to include:
- Assist with HR administration (Insurance, Benefits, retirement, on-boarding employees)
- Oversee office meetings and events (e.g. holiday party)
- Order office supplies and inventory merchandise closet • Assist the Director of Accounting with:
- Operation of QuickBooks (experience/ knowledge required)
- Input Accounts Payable
- Input Officials Payments
- Input credit card statements/charges
• Provide administrative support for conference calls, in-person meetings and championship. • Limited Travel – One week in March out of town with the basketball championships.
- Answering Phone/directing calls
• Manage the Commissioner’s schedule and travel logistics. • Submit annual forms to the NCAA.
• Track staff leave time (vacation, personal and sick).
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume as separate attachments in one e-mail to: Deputy Commissioner Ron Loghry at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Big Sky Office Coordinator: [Last Name].”
Additional Info: This is a part-time position with a minimum five-hour-per-day schedule to be mutually determined. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred and at least 2-3 years of experience in office management and/or accounting. A flat salary of $25,000 minus benefits (no insurance or retirement) is being offered, although the
position will receive 10 days paid vacation, 9 days sick leave and three personal days per year. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Big Sky Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Big Sky Conference:
The Big Sky Conference is a NCAA Division I conference, spread across the
western United States with nearly 4,500 student-athletes from 15 different institutions, competing in 16 sports (seven men’s, nine women’s). The Big Sky Conference was founded on Feb 25, 1963, and the league
headquarters have been in Ogden, UT since June 1, 1995.
For more information, visit Bigskyconf.com.